Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Organizing: Everything has a home and a label




I have always considered myself "organized" until I went to my friend's house(Lisa H!!!) a few months ago. Her house was organized to the extreme. I fell in love. Since I'm feeling this uncontrollable urge to nest and my husband is not around to stop me, I've become obsessed with organizing. And this is why I haven't done anything to get ready for baby #3. I keep finding things that need to be organized and who can focus on bringing a baby into the world, when things are out of place? Nights can get lonely when you're the wife of a deployed soldier. So once my girls are in bed, my label machine comes out and I go to work. My motto is "Everything has a home....and a label." I was too impulsive to take before pictures, but I have lots of after pictures! Enjoy!!

The Pantry
So my favorite part of my house organizational project is my organized pantry. I totally copied these ideas from my friend and a few organizational blogs, but I love how much easier it is to see the foods we have to eat!

Our Breakfast Shelf
(Oats, Breakfast mixes, cereal)
My baking supplies(baking chocolate, sprinkles, toppings, toothpicks, candles,etc.) and my candy and gum stash, drink mixes, and cake decorating bin. There's a cookie cutter bin on top that you can't see. There's also a marshmallow bin and a nuts bin.
My baking shelf on top. My pasta's and rice on bottom.
The top shelf is my condiments, etc. (ie. marinades bin, condiments bin, salad bin, italian bin and other bin.) The middle shelf is my oils, puddings/jello, bread bin, and paper goods bin. The bottom shelf is my breakfast shelf.
My favorite is my new CANSOLIDATOR! I have sooooo many canned goods from couponing for so long. This is a great way to make sure you rotate your cans and use them before they expire.

snacks bin, popcorn bin, cookies and pretzals.
Dog food and treats


The Girls Room:
Since my girls share a room- that is small- I have to fit ALOT of clothes into one tiny closet. I love bins. It's easier for my girls to clean up after themselves, when they have bins to put their things into.

You can't see, but the bins are labeled:
Belts, Headbands, Panties
ballet stuff, socks, tights, and bloomers
The top shelf is Lily Kate's clothes and the bottom shelf is Elle's. The bins in the middle are skirts.
The bins under their beds are Elle's shoes, Lily Kate's shoes, and bathing suits.

The Laundry Room



On the left in the is my gift wrapping supplies(ie scissors, tape, bows, tissue paper, gifts). The middle drawers are my extra toiletries(ie soaps/lotions, dental, shaving/hygiene-from couponing). The right side is my sewing machine and green sewing bin. The bins on top are for Abe's package gifts and things that need to be mended.


Lost Socks ziploc bag. Don't make fun. It works:)
Some of my laundry stock pile. The rest is in our garage. Below that is my gift wrapping center.





Linen Closet

adult towels and wash clothes
blankets
sheets and pillow cases
blankets, kids linens, adult linens, beach towels, and sheets are in the drawers

Play Closet
We keep most of the girls toys in our Toy Closet under our stairs. I love bins because its easy for the girls to clean up before they pull out the next bin. Each bin is labeled with a picture/words of whats inside the bin.

Here is our stash of SOME of our baby dolls and accessories.
Our kid games and puzzles
Toy Bins labeled with pictures and words. I rotate them with toys in our attic. It's like Christmas when I get toys out of our attic.

Desk
Coat Closet

I wish I had taken before pictures of this closet. Abe hated this closet, because stuff would literally fall on you every time you opened the door. On the shelf is our movies bin all our movies in a big cd case. Also, I have my memories drawer where I keep the girls drawings, etc. Below the coats is our vacuum.
Book Case
For some reason, we have sooo many books. I love children's books and have a ton of them from teaching. I have organized each of the books by category(ie. summertime, princess, family, manners, Christmas etc.). I bought these paper magazine bins from IKEA for $2 a pack and just put scrapbook paper on the front of them. The bins below are baby board books.

Cabinets


medicine cabinet(ie first aid, vitamins, headaches/stomach aches, and cold/fever) The silver buckets have medicine droppers and thermometers.
Top shelf is canning supplies, middle shelf is bottles, bowls, and kids bowls. The bottom shelf is plates and kids plates.
pots and pans


Now our whole house is organized and labeled! I'm ready to get ready for our new baby!!

4 comments:

Abe said...

Very nice, now I shouldn't loose anything...what about the drawers in our bathroom.

Kelly said...

Yes, all bathrooms are labeled and organized. The only things not organized are the attic and under the bed....because I couldn't physically do either of those. You're welcome to organize those on your R&R:)

Dupree Family said...

This is hilarious....nesting to the extreme!

randy said...

Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

Thanks!

Randy
randydavis387@gmail.com